There are TONS of online French courses out there for learning French. Most of them teach you grammar, most of them teach you vocabulary, and most of them teach you common phrases and expressions.
But if you’re like me, you probably found most of them to be rather boring, and they likely didn’t teach you any French as it’s really spoken by real people, just formal and dry conversations that aren’t necessarily practical for what you might get hit with when actually travelling to France or to a French-speaking country.
Français Authentique is Unique
Français Authentique is different because it focuses on listening to tons and tons of recorded audio in order to get the real feel of the French language and in order to actually start learning French well.
It’s the same method used by Français Authentique’s founder, Johan Tekfak, a native speaker of French, when he attempted to learn both English and German. Upon moving to Austria, he didn’t speak a word of German, but within 6 months, he could talk with everybody around him. He applied his methodology to creating Français Authentique, and it has assisted over 76,000 people learn French to date.
Below is a testimonial from one Italian man who became fluent in French after using the methods presented in the Français Authentique series.
What It Offers
Johan is adamant that you don’t need to get stressed out when trying to learn a language, and he makes sure to highlight this fact many times throughout his course. He speaks slowly and clearly, and offers loads of material for you to improve your French level.
Here’s how Français Authentique can help you:
- You learn vocabulary and grammar automatically; you don’t specifically focus on lists of vocabulary or rules of grammar.
- You practice your French by learning like children do: without effort.
- Thanks to the substantial repetition that is included in the course, you will remember what you learn forever. You learn to use oral French and you’ll have the confidence when you need to speak it.
- You learn about France, its culture, and about other related subjects. The provided supplementary articles are interesting and you learn while having fun.
- You listen to authentic French spoken by people whose mother tongue is French.
- You get exposed to learning methods that help you to become an independent language learner so that you can learn and practice your French by yourself.
- You can interact with other Français Authentique members who are part of the community of French learners created around this product.
Français Authentique is unfortunately not a course for absolute beginners. If you don’t even know how to conjugate the verb être (or don’t even know what that means), this is probably not a good course to start with.
As you’ll see when you visit their website, everything is in French. This is immensely helpful for people who already have a background in French, but might be overwhelming for those with no knowledge of the language. However, if you’ve taken high school French in the past, or if you currently have a beginner or intermediate level of French, this course will be perfect for you.